Meet the Owners!
We Rock the Spectrum – Pomona is owned by Glenda Guzman.
Glenda is passionate about maternal and child health access. She has worked with pregnant women and with children abroad serving as a Peace Corps health volunteer in Madagascar and as a volunteer for Operation Smile. Regionally, Glenda has also worked as a lactation educator and as an outreach specialist for the Welcome Baby Program. Through her professional experience, Glenda has taught many parents on early child development and led many more to obtain assistance on various maternal and parental issues.
Glenda has two children of her own – Valerie and Gilbert. Her two children are the main reason why Glenda wants to be the owner of We Rock the Spectrum – Pomona. She wants her children to grow up in a diverse environment where children of all abilities have a voice, are accepted, and succeed. Valerie and Gilbert love to play with all children of all abilities at We Rock the Spectrum Kid’s Gym. They are eager to meet you and your children!
Glenda knows that it takes a village to raise a child, and she knows that We Rock the Spectrum – Pomona can be a part of that village for many families whether it is through We Rock Care, birthday parties and events, or Open Play.
Our Gym Includes:
- Suspended equipment with swings – for balance and vestibular treatment
- Crash mats and crash pillows – for fun, motor planning, and strength
- Zip line – for stress release and joint and body relaxation
- Trampoline – for building leg and core strength
- Indoor play structure – for climbing and increasing playground skills
- Sensory-based toys – for improved auditory processing and fine motor skills
- Fine Motor and Arts and Crafts Area – for improved hand-eye coordination