Meet the Owners!
We Rock the Spectrum – Pomona is owned by the Haines family – Ted, Katie and their two children, Malia and Xavier!
Xavier is one of the reasons we, as a family, became attracted to opening We Rock the Spectrum – Pomona! We have visited other We Rock the Spectrum Kid’s Gyms across Southern California and for the first time, we witnessed our child playing with a peer who had no special needs. That was the first time we saw our son being included! After that day, we knew we needed to bring this sensory-safe gym concept to our community!
“All kids of all abilities” in an “inclusive environment” are what we have always dreamt of when having a child on the Autism Spectrum. Our dream is for all families to come together for fun, support and to never feel alone.
Through our journey, autism has made us a stronger family and we have met the most selfless people at the same time! Our awareness for others of all abilities is our priority! We Rock the Spectrum – Pomona will be the place for new friendships, support in the community, and for all to be in it together as a team! Through fun classes, a sensory-safe environment, workshops, birthday parties, support groups, fundraisers, and field trips, we all can create a more positive environment through play!
Our Gym Includes:
- Suspended equipment with swings – for balance and vestibular treatment
- Crash mats and crash pillows – for fun, motor planning, and strength
- Zip line – for stress release and joint and body relaxation
- Trampoline – for building leg and core strength
- Indoor play structure – for climbing and increasing playground skills
- Sensory-based toys – for improved auditory processing and fine motor skills
- Fine Motor and Arts and Crafts Area – for improved hand-eye coordination